11/16/08

Payment

Righteousness will be one of Paul's wreaths in that day. Looking back upon his life, he could say: "I have contended the ideal contest. I have finished my career. I have kept the faith. Furthermore, there is reserved for me the wreath of righteousness, which the Lord, the just judge, will be paying to me in that day; yet not to me only, but also to all who love His advent." Let us note carefully that the wreath is not something that he had not previously possessed, but a recognition and a reward for the righteousness which he displayed in his career. Wreaths are in the making, so to speak, in the present life. It is the speed that the runner shows during the race that wins him his chaplet. He is not awarded speed, but only a prize for it, which may have no price tag, but a high value in honor.

How does one display or show righteousness?